If you want to stand out in the search results to get more visibility, you have to appear above the first result. That’s why we want to show you 4 tips on how to get to position 0 in Google.
4 tips on how to get to Google position 0
Yes, you can’t create this featured snippet position yourself as if it were another rich snippet. However, you can work it like any other web optimization technique, knowing that some queries are more likely to show it than others, so let’s see the tips on how to do it:
Aim for the featured snippet
That’s right, the first tip is that, to get to Google position 0, forget about knowledge graphs and response boxes, and rather focus on appearing as a featured snippet.
And in fact, this post is oriented to that format, because with the other two it is more complicated to work, and when appearing in them it is very likely that your link will not be shown, so the user will not know that the information comes from your site and much less will be able to enter it.
Do a keyword analysis for your content strategy.
Next, you need to consider doing a keyword analysis, as it is fundamental. The suggestion is that you focus on locating and using the keywords of your niche in the form of questions. That is to say, those with the terms what, how, when, why, etc. For this you can use the Answer The Public tool.
On the other hand, you can complement the analysis by looking for the keywords of your niche that are already in position 0 in Google, so that you can also start working on them in your content strategy. You have SEO tools such as Ahrefs and SEMRush that can be of great help.
Answer your audience’s questions
Of course, you should not only have in your hands the questions that your target audience asks, you should take care to answer them in the best possible way. After all, the goal is to appear at the top for a frequently asked question. Take care to focus your content strategy in this direction.
Think about the format of your articles
Finally, beyond providing the information that your audience wants to read, you must make sure to apply the correct format so that Google understands it.
- Each article must have a keyword (classic SEO, eh).
- Paragraphs should not exceed much more than 50 words.
- The header or title of the post should be written as a question.
- The H2, H3 tags as well, whenever possible and natural. Each tag should be a question to which you give an answer.
- Ideal placement of the keyword: In the title and/or H tag, within the answer, in the ALT tag of the main image of the post, and in the link of the post.
- You can highlight the keyword in bold to facilitate its detection by the search engine.
- And don’t forget to use related words and synonyms of the keyword; remember that Google interprets their semantics.
Getting to position 0 in Google is not totally easy, but hey, it’s not an impossible mission like Cruise’s; it’s just a matter of continuing to improve your SEO strategy.